Read all about it! Ellie Warburtons Cakes opens its doors
We were over the moon to open the doors to our new Ellie Warburtons Cakes pop-up shops in Skipton and Harrogate, on 28th May and 3rd June respectively. A huge ‘ta very much’ to everyone who’s visited us so far – we’re chuffed to bits that you love our cake as much as we do!
You may have already clocked the many press features when we opened, with a number of online and print articles featuring ‘our Ellie’! Far be it for us to blow our own trumpet, so we thought we’d leave it to the likes of the good folk at The Times and Independent…
The Times (in print and online) – ‘Move over De Niro, Warburtons’ new star will be Ellie’s Cake’.
Our first appearance in the press was The Times, who talked to the Chairman of Warburtons (and Ellie’s great-great nephew), Jonathan Warburton. He told the paper:
“We are thrilled to introduce the Ellie Warburtons range of deliciously indulgent cakes. “This is an exciting new venture for our family business and we are taking very much an entrepreneurial approach to how we build the brand while bringing with us the core of Warburtons ethos – quality and taste. I hope that a slice of Ellie Warburtons will become a firm favourite with families up and down the country – my slice of choice is the Espresso Brownie!”
And here are some of the other places Ellie Warburtons Cakes has appeared in since we opened our doors:
- Independent – ‘New business venture named after chairman Jonathan Warburton’s great-great aunt’
- The Grocer – ‘Why Warburtons is smart to go posh with its new cake sub-brand’
- The Grocer – ‘Warburtons moves into luxury sweet treats with Ellie Warburtons Cakes’
- Yorkshire Post – ‘145-year-old bakery brand Warburtons to expand into cakes for the first time by trialling pop-up shops in Skipton and Harrogate’
- Harrogate Informer – ‘Ellie Warburtons pop-up shop in Harrogate’
- Craven Herald – ‘Mystery solved – pop-up cake shop comes to Yorkshire 'hot-spot'’
- Bradford Telegraph and Argus – ‘Warburtons enter cake business with pop-up shop in Skipton’
Top-notch recipes. Fresh ingredients. Expertly combined. That's what we’re all about.
We're incredibly proud of our history, and we’re as passionate about baking as the day Ellie made her first batch of bread and cakes, 145 years ago (they sold out within the hour, by the way, so we’ve got big shoes to fill!). Click the links to read more about our mission and story.
Our online shop is now open
If you’re not based near our pop-up shops, fear not – fresh cake is still within reach! We’ve created this handy online service that lets you order Ellie Warburtons Cakes directly to your door – or the door of a loved one. Champion!
Favourite flavour? Well, there’s only one way to find out…
Join us on social
Stay tuned for more news and (fingers crossed) press features over the coming weeks. And don't forget to join the conversation on social media using #EllieWarburtons!
As The Grocer said: ‘Cake lovers rejoice’!